You already know the importance of WordPress themes and how to search, preview, and install a theme in your WordPress dashboard. However, you can also easily change your theme, without losing your website content.
Changing your WordPress theme is useful if you’ve outgrown your current theme or need a theme that supports eCommerce or online classes, for example.
Enjoy fast, secure hosting with WordPress hosting optimized for your WordPress website!
How to Change Your WordPress Theme
Changing your WordPress theme is a simple process done through your WordPress dashboard. To change your theme:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance>Themes.
- You’ll then see all of your installed themes. You can add more themes by clicking Add New.
- Hover your mouse over a theme to see a Live Preview or Activate it. Remember, this will not delete the content currently on your website though you may need to make tweaks to fit the new theme.
- Check your website on desktop, laptop, and mobile devices for any small changes needed. Though rare, you also may need to disable certain plugins or widgets that may not be supported by the new theme.
As you continue to manage and grow your WordPress website, check out our WordPress Education Channel for more tips and tricks.